Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Body Update

Still have the drainage hole leading into my pancreas, but the rate of fluid drainage is decreasing, which should be a good thing. Still on the 3Xday octreotide injections that absolutely drive the lovely and talented wife up the wall - she HATES to give them to me. Have not gone back to work yet, but tentatively planning for 2 September. Still on supplementary oxygen when I sleep, still have to rinse the Hickman port twice daily, visiting nurse comes in once a week, physical therapy and occupational therapy have both discharged me, and I take about 17 tablets/capsules per day. Got an appointment with the surgeon on Friday, so we'll see if anything changes.
STILL it's great to be home......

2 comments:

Greybeard said...

So, this "drainage hole" is not an improvement I should strive for.....
something that might keep me from having to repeatedly head for the latrine after consuming a few beers?
And the "Hickman Port"......is that anything like Cam Ranh Bay?

Let me know if any of these modifications end up actually being something I want done to this old shell of a body.

The Old Man said...

Both of 'em are like cutting a hole in the hull of a ship to access the internals for repairs. The drainage hole is in place of a bilge pump, and the Hickman gives the witch doctors direct access to my blood stream for IVs.

Don't try this at home....