Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'll be dipped and deep fried

Welcome to my day after Christmas. This entry brought to you courtesy of the lovely and talented wife's new 'puter. Got it sorted out and hitched to the wireless. Like my Compaq over the MacBook, though, probably through familiarity more than anything else.
The l&t wife woke me up @ 0150 and stated that she had a very bad ache in the intestines. Not a good thing. So off we ran to the ER with visions of a full house and interminable wait dancing through my pointy lil head. When we got there the ER was empty and we were in front of a doctor before 10 minutes had passed. After urine and blood samples and an x-ray, a painkiller and 2 antibiotics were issued to halt the diagnosed case of diverticulitis (full prescriptions to be picked up today). We were back home and she was back in bed by 0520. Knowing that the alarm was going to go off in about 15 minutes, I stayed up and segued right into work. Unfortunately, she and her mother had to cancel their trip to see my daughter in Michigan they had planned for today because the Vicodin knocked her flat on her kazoo.... I told her she should go tomorrow, but that looks like a non-starter. Oh well. They're out rodding around together shopping, so at least they're having what they consider fun....

BTW - her face was bee-yooty-full when she took the wrapping paper off of the MacBook - she damn near flipped. The only problem is what am I gonna do for an encore next year....

No comments: