Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

In a couple of minutes I'm firin' up the farookin' bike and heading for my American Legion Post. After the parade we have a little ceremony in the cemetary up the street. Then over to the Post for a reading of the names of our deceased brethren from the Post. After that we throw the doors open to the public and the Usual Suspects and I are going to feed them hotdogs and hamburgers, just like the Post has done for the last 54 years.
Remember those who have passed before us in the fight to preserve our republic. Honor those who are now doing the dirty work to make the world a better place. Don't treat them as some of the Vietnam vets were treated - celebrate their survival and return. Thank them and remember - If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English, thank a soldier.

God Bless our armed forces.

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

Hey my brother-
Happy Memorial Day to you, and thank you for caring enough to take the risk!

I'm workin' tonight, or I too would be at our VFW and American Legion to celebrate this day.

Keep an eye out at Pitchpull. I'm trying to compose a post that makes sense of our present society, and I'll need your comments and support.

God Bless ya, pal.