Sunday, June 24, 2007

Strollin' with Stewie

As I was accompanying Stewie-the-black-pug on his morning constitutional and his attempt to pee-on-whole-the-world, I had one of my vagrant thoughts.
Liberals want a mommy and conservatives want a daddy...
Liberals want to be told stories of sunshine and fluffy bunnies and there is no boogie-man that will ever harm them in their safe little world because that wouldn't feeeel good. "Why can't I (fill in the blank), Mommy?" "Hush, child, because I said so and I know what's good for you better than you. Now go make giant paper-mache' puppet heads."
Conservatives want stories of derring-do and history and watch-out-for-the-boogie-man because he will get you. "Why can't I (fill-in-the-blank), daddy?" "I wouldn't do it because I know what'll happen - but I guess you'll find out the hard way. I'll watch and call 911."

Libs dodge responsibility unless it's the "why do they hate us - what did WE do?" claptrap that means less than a politicians promise. Conservatives expect to take responsibility for their own lives, but don't actively look to take responsibility for others.

I guess that's why I enlisted in '69 and marched in formations instead of demonstrations...

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

Ya know, for an old Redneck, sometimes you are profound!
Gonna link to this post.