Sunday, July 08, 2007

Over the All-Star Break

Unlike my buddy Greybeard, I really don't care for flying commercially anymore. So I drive a lot of places. Hell, when I went to N'Awlins for disaster work, I drove the roundtrip twice. Driven out to the Left Coast I dunno how many times. So it comes as no surprise that when we leave on vacation today I'll be drivin'. The lovely-and-talented wife has rented a cottage on the shore of Lake Huron. We're packin' up the blessed mother-in-law (seriously, she's great people) and meeting son and my sister (who's flying in from Kollee-4-knee-yah) up there. Wife really needs this one, after losing last year's vacation because I was in the hospital. So I'll be off the radar for a while unless I can scrounge a wireless connection up there. Y'all be nice to each other while I'm gone.
UPDATE. I knew I hauled this box along fer a reason - the cottage has wireless - but no air conditioning. Food for thought.... But Greybeard advised me to grill and chill. And so I shall...

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

A reminder for ya-
A root for the word recreation is "recreate", as in re-create.
Relax. Visit. Enjoy.
Give your body a chance to re-create.
I look forward to hearing about it when you're back!