Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Diplomacy in the 21st Century

I'd like to think that the world has elements of a Tom Clancy novel in it:

http://www.securenet.bc.ca/NewsCentral/News%20Library/News%20Releases/nl072307.htm

Sounds a tad "fishy" with 2 torpedoes being used on a small freighter and survivors, but that could just be me...

I see Rummy is coming back to the Hill so the congresscritters can posture for the media about the coverup of Tillman's death. Whoever started the CYA movement should be assigned as an ice movement officer on a glacier in Greenland... But the hearings are OK. I think they are cool for 2 reasons:
1. The aggregate intelligence of the committee may be as high as my pug Stewie's IQ; that is to say "unable to clearly reason except where a handout is concerned" so Rummy won't have any problem with their questioning - except his answers will be in clear English, not lawyerspeak.
2. If the congresscritters are annoying a retired SecDef, they aren't trying to destroy this country with asinine laws.
Seems like a good trade-off to me...

No comments: