Wednesday, August 08, 2007

One of My Hot Buttons

I haven't babbled about this previously, but I do believe that the human race had best become a "virus" in at least the Solar System, and perhaps the Galaxy. Life on this planet is a very thin shell and if Hoo-mans want to survive as a biological species, we had best consolidate our fecal matter. Yes, I understand the engineering problems,. but "a races' reach must exceed it's grasp else what's a heaven for?" (with apologies to the author).
I see nuclear weapons exchange on Terra as damn near inevitable. A full scale nuclear war will erase the monkeys' progeny from the only planet we know that supports "intelligent" life. This is unacceptable. Seeds must be sown throughout the solar system and galaxy to continue the human race.
Ain't gonna happen. When the longest time horizon the politicians worry about is 6 months, the electorate is on a one-way ticket to oblivion. Nobody else has the luxury of technology to attempt extra-terran exploration/colonization. In other words, we (as a species) are screwed.

Discuss. And please explain to me why I'm wrong...

1 comment:

Carteach said...

"Discuss. And please explain to me why I'm wrong..."

Sorry, can't help.

Next time say something stupid and I'll be glad to explain why you are wrong.