Saturday, June 07, 2008

But Do They Get Combat Pay?

Even as an old card-carrying mostly-REMF from the RVN dustup, these Air Force pogues are taking it to a new extreme. From war zone to craps table and buffet in 2 hours....

With the cost of jet fuel (look at the AF burn-rate) increasing and the number of domestic flights shrinking, it's probably a good thing that the BUFFs and BOnes are our last bombers. But some how C-17 "Trash Haulers" doesn't have the same mystique as the B-17 "Bloody 100th".

Had a bit of a hissy yesterday and wound up sending some $$ to some of my favorite bloggers who have Amazon donation spot (unlike, say, Greybeard). Yah, it was part of the hokey rebate thing but at least I put it to good use. It's not like I could buy premium for the bike or good, dark beer...

How d'yer like me new paint job? Got tired of setting every URL link to red manually, so I'm tryin' a new layout that might be easier on these old eyes. Now I gotta remember how to set hit counters....

No comments: