Thursday, March 10, 2011

I've Always Had This Thing For Redheads....

Particularly those who can write a screed that is smooth as good bourbon and as smart as a whip...

The lovely redhead at Home On The Range has written a column/rant/monologue/essay that indeed swells my heart with pride and envy-because-I-am-not-as-erudite:
I do not believe that my color or gender makes me better than you, any more than being a minority makes someone noble or victimized.

I don't believe any group should have special advantages to make up for wrongs of past generations.
------

I believe that if you can't read a ballot in the English language, you shouldn't get to decide who will be running the most powerful nation on earth for the next four years.

I don't think illegal immigrants should ever have a vote.

Please go see the clarity of her thoughts and decide for yourself how much you agree. Or disagree, if that is your wont. But it is required reading if you wish to understand the present political climate. God bless you, Brigid.

No comments: