Friday, December 30, 2005

GOOD day inna field

Had a REAL good day in the field. But as we all know, a bad day in the field beats a good day in the office..... When I left home 'twas about 30 degrees with snow on the ground. Got here and it was 76 and sunny. Hard to take . Working with real good folks and the system almost makes sense. One of the guys workin' with me left South Vietnam when he was 5 and asked a lot about the past.
I'm working in an area that depends on fishing and shrimping with a lot of Vietnamese immigrants. Hearing the musical tones of the language and accents of VN immigrants blasted me 35 years into the past immediately..... What a long strange trip it's been...

NEXT DAY (12-31-05) - the cheesy computer owned by the Agency-I-dare-not-name had a silicon brainfart yesterday (as opposed to my wetware brainfarts) and I had to wait until today to post the previous drivel. 'Nother good day today - high 'bout 74 as opposed to 34 back home. My-lovely-wife-the-Boss is suffering thru that cold weather nonsense. Recovered a lot of dangerous stuff that could negatively affect the local citizens.
Lots of the folks I'm working with are hustling downtown to celebrate New Year's - they seem puzzled because I don't want to go with them. Nothing personal, but BTDT-WOTTS (Been There, Done That, Wore Out The T-Shirt). The fact that I'm 20 years older at least than most of them might explain the decision. But it was nice to be asked to go. Instead I fire pixels into the blog-on-the-'Net and am happy.
So let me wish all the 'Netizens a safe and prosperous New Year. Take care of yourself and yours - including the furkids. Remind me to tell you in a future post about the two huntzies I work for.... and seem to own the house without paying bills....

No comments: