Saturday, January 09, 2010

"Dad, tell Uncle Mike we got him!"

Via Theo, Stormbringer, and then Tanker Babe comes a story that illustrates why I spend so much time telling my wife "Honey, I can't make this shit up..."
On 4 Oct 2009 I wrote about SGT Josh Brennan's cousin, PVT Joseph Brennan, graduating from Airborne school and being pinned with Josh's wings.

This past Sunday I received a call from Mike Brennan, Josh's dad. He began relating the story below. When he got to the part about 4 Taliban being captured but before he got to the details of exactly who was captured the hair stood up on my arms and I said, "DO NOT tell me....." over and over as Mike continued to talk. I heard what he said but had to ask him to say it again.
Go and read the story now - but take some kleenex and an American flag witcha...

1 comment:

Greybeard said...

Amazing story.
Thanks for sharing.