Wednesday, July 25, 2018

It's All Jim Morrison's Fault

Many moons ago I was a Doors fan(atic).  Even painted the title of one song on the arms room door in 'Nam...  But I recently came to the realization that the present hoo-hah regarding illegal immigration can be traced to his lyrics on the "L A Woman" LP.  To wit:
"The West is the best, baby                                                                                                       Just get here and we'll do the rest.........."
They listened, they came, and a lot of us died at their hands. And we gave the illegals a shit-pot of tax money too.  Not enough according to lib-ruls, but a shit-pot we couldn't afford.
And it's all Jim Morrison's fault....
Time to get real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I misunderstood Morrison's lyric.....I thought he was telling the rest of America to come to California....what did I know....

The Old Man said...

I heard what he said. Going to Cali (despite LA Woman's lyrics) was a smaller case of his view of civilization than I saw or heard.
But, I have been wrong before. I enlisted.... YMmV.
Thanks for stopping by...