Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Men Are SO Predictable....

Just ask my lovely-and-talented wife.
Cliche's become cliche's by being true so often that the story enters the ubermind and becomes a part of the American thoughtscape. I said all that to say all this...

Middle-aged American men are supposed to panic at the realization of their loss of their youth and hair and either take a mistress (Tiger) or buy a red convertible. (I still have hair and the Boss would terminate me with extreme prejudice if I ever strayed.)
So last Saturday I went out and bought a red convertible. Not like the Camaro that my bud Gruppenfuhrer Greybeard lusts after. A 2006 Jeep Wrangler. I guess I always wanted a (non-issue) Jeep - and now I've got one. The ride I was driving is going to the Bear to replace the Saturn wagon that met an untimely end two weeks ago. He's still dis-employed, but is buying it once he finds a job.
I still hate buying cars.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the wonderful world of spam!

The Old Man said...

Poorly done spam, at that...